GW Short Story
Rules of entry:
1. Please make sure you read the rules carefully before entering the competition.
2. Entry implies acceptance of all the rules and failure to comply may result in disqualification.
3. Short stories: 3000 words maximum, 500 minimum, the title is not included in the word count.
4. All entries are judged anonymously: do not include your name on the document.
5. Entrants may enter any number of submissions. The cost for each entry is £5.
6. Payment must be made by Paypal to at the time of entry.
7. Entrants can withdraw entries from the competition by notification in writing; entry fees will not be refunded.
8. The deadline date for entries is 12noon, 15/08/2016
9. Entries must be written in English.
10. Entrants must be aged 16 or over.
11. Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant, you are confirming that the work is your own by entering it.
12. Entries must never have been published, self-published, published on any website, blog or online forum, broadcast nor winners of other competitions.
13. Entry Format: submission by email only is allowed, to with the subject heading as Re:HalloweenComp
14. Short stories must be double-spaced and a word count noted at the top of the first page.
15. Entries must show no name, address or identifying marks other than the title, which should appear on each page.
16. The filename of online entries must be the title of the entry and be a .doc, .docx, .rtf, pdf or .txt file.
17. Entries will not be returned, make sure you keep a copy of the file.
18. Amendments cannot be made to entries after they have been submitted, nor substitutions made.
19. No correspondence about submitted entries will be entered into.
20. Online entries are confirmed by the email receipt of your payment to PayPal.
21. Worldwide copyright of each entry remains with the author, but we may publish selected stories in an
22. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into.
23. Judges are unable to comment on individual entries.
24. The prize for this competition is £25 for first place plus gift and no alternatives can be offered.
25. We reserve the right to change these rules and conditions if it becomes necessary. Any changes will be posted on our website.
for details and submissions
Get your lanterns lit and your quill at the ready
Your ghastly task is to write a story GHOST STORY of no more than
Entry is £5
Submission Close August 15th, 2016
Win a truly terrifying PRIZE and be featured pice in November's Newsletter, as well as a chance to feature in the Greenwich Writers' anthology
THE WORST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!